One thing most of us really like to do is save money. One of the easiest ways to do that can be done on a daily basis right at home or in your business. The great thing about it is that you can do it without actually making an effort once you start. How you may say? Here are ten things that will get you started but there are many more.
Ten Easy Ways to Save on Your Energy Expenses
- Use a programmable thermostat. This will help you to maintain regular heat and air and you are actually in control of your electric this way.
- Lower the hot water temperature control on your water heater down to 120°F. You won’t notice the difference and you will get just as clean.
- When you do the laundry and the dishes, only do full loads.
- When you do the dishes, let them air dry instead of using the dry cycle.
- Use power strips whenever possible and where many devices are in use. When not using those devices, turn off that strip. Even when you aren’t using the devices, the strip still uses power.
- Utilize low flow and aerating plumbing methods to lessen your water consumption.
- When not in a room turn everything off to save electricity.
- Make sure all your windows and doors are completely shut while your heat or air conditioning is being used.
- Install a timer on your water heater.
- Change the filters on your A/C, heating unit, clothes dryer and any other appliance (including your computer fans and housings) that you may have.
One thing many people do not realize is that when any of your electrical or water using appliances are in use you are spending money. At times, you could be spending a lot of money. In order to keep the electric company and the water company out of your wallet you need to maintain all those devices in proper working condition.
As we said earlier, these are just a few of the things you can do. You may even want to contact your plumber and your electrician to come to the home or business and help you find ways to start saving money. Energy is important to everyone today and saving money is a great way to make us all think about it even harder. Do your part and try using the techniques mentioned here and if you want more, go online to find them.
Genesis 1:3 electricians provide expert electrical installation and electrical repair services to all of our customers. No job is too small! We work hard to deliver the very best quality repairs and installations and our work is guaranteed. Call (720)-280-4544 for a FREE estimate.